You can improve your chances of staying healthy by:
- Not smoking or getting help to stop
- Drinking no more than 14 units (female) or 21 units (male) of alcohol per week
- Taking regular exercise
- Eating a healthy diet
- Seeing your dentist regularly
- Following your doctor’s advice when taking any prescribed medicines
- Keeping any appointments at the surgery or at the hospital.
Many patients will see a doctor or nurse regularly but others will not.
Patients over 75 years who have not seen a doctor or nurse at all within the last 12 months are encouraged to request a consultation for a review of their health.